See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

We Voted

John McCain gave his expected concession speech with so much dignity and respect for his new President Obama, that I went to bed, disappointed and frustrated at the outcome. He certainly has a lot of class, and would have made a great President.

People around me, earlier that morning, were confident that the Democrats were going to win the election, by what was being presented on the media. It was a good race, and John McCain fought the good fight and will always be a winner in my view.

Its not about my feelings, but about choice. It may take awhile, but in time I'll get over it. After all, the people have spoken and they know what they want. Change. Let's hope its a change we can live with. I never believed that I had the right to anything, that your didn't earn.

We hope always for peace and prosperity and wish our new President well. We need to be inspired to do the very best we can, and stand behind him fully supporting and respecting his post. It will be a challenging job, to say the least. Congratulations President Obama!

Certainly, we will need to be (united) fellow Americans, working our way out of the mess we are currently in. Times have changed, and we need to change with them, or get lost in the shuffle. Remember, we still have traditionalists, even in the most liberal of states, like California. We will be cautiously optimistic.

No comments: