See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Golden Age

Today is the day. The biggest so far, the big 60. I have reached what is known as the "Golden Years". It is a time when you can enjoy life without the worry of small children to care for, as basically you are thought to be "carefree." Now who ever in their right mind suggested that?

Time to do whatever your heart desires, so they say. Some have called it a second childhood. Playing again is a priority because you care less about what people are going to say about you, and you just do it. Some people go back to school, having the opportunity that they never had before. For some, it is trips, and vacationing away from their residences. (Of course, I'm speaking of those retired). Whatever it is you do, its supposed to be a fun time in your life.

Most people enjoy the prospect of a quieter, reflective time. No matter what your thought is, the fact is, you are as old as you feel. Age is just a number! I feel like I did at my sweet sixteenth birthday, (and never been kissed), and that is -- looking forward to many fun days to come!

2 comments:

Susie Hemingway said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susie Hemingway said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.