See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Little Rye Bread

I am going to make you hungry for the good things baby. If eating can't be fun, forget it. I'm all about play. I've invented colorful little sandwiches, and dips which will make your taste buds long for another. Veggies can be so various that the sky is the limit. Beginning with two luscious avocado's and a guacamole mix, prepared several hours before, dipping with Pepperage Farm sesame seed sticks, for a tease. Then, placing little rye breads on a platter, spread the hummus, (I like the garlic blend), and cut thinly red peppers and pitted black olives, fold a piece of red leaf lettuce and top. Add a slice of thin tomato. (If you'd like you can top with 1/4 slice of your favorite cheese). Substitute tuna and egg salad along with hummus, for party planning. The little bread can be cut diagonally and placed to form a star, with your favorite relish in the center. For dessert, try Yogurt over crushed graham crackers, topped with fresh fruit and a lot of luscious cream.
Iced water with a slice of lime or lemon, after your meal, only.
This is a quick, and fun little lunch.

Tonight it was chili, I use 12oz. of rinsed B&M beans and up two 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef, one can of chopped tomotoes. I add a frozen bag of baby corn. (Cooking time about 10- 15 mins., after sauteeing with onions). It's served with sour cream and restaurant-style white tortilla chips.

Later in the evening we have our ice cream or yogurt.

Tomorrow should be fun! I'm making my French Canadian Meat Pies.

When the kids were little, we cooked broccoli and stuck them in the mashed potato mounds, calling them trees. And then, there were snowmen, here and there made from stacking mashed potato balls. Limited only by your creative imagination, healthy eating can be fun.

No comments: