See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Knock-Knock Joke

Nathan is three years old. Today, in the church hall, he surprised me with his first knock-knock joke. We had an extended coffee gathering today, as we invited grandparents and godparents to our Liturgy to receive a special blessing.

Following the Liturgy, Nathan surprised me with a bunch of beautiful red roses. In our tradition, red roses mean "I love you." The flowers were so large that he dropped them on the floor, none broke. He is so cute. Next he said, "knock knock" and I replied, who's there? He said, "Boo" I said Boo-Who? He said "Oh, Don't Cry." That was the first time I heard that one.

Later he had time to show off his little car, Lightening McQueen, to some of the ladies at the other table. Vasilika didn't know what Lightening McQueen was so he showed her by pushing it across the table proudly for her. Then, he told her the knock-knock joke. I have never seen her laugh so much. If that wasn't enough, he used the word electricity pouncing it in a way that made us scream (electrixaty). Then, his mother told him to tell us why grampy and grandma gave him presents. He proudly stated that "I went poo-poo on the potty." And, if you don't think that's a big deal, just ask his mother.

Walking away from the table, I heard him say to his mom that he made us laugh. He was quite proud of that. He was so well behaved in church. All you heard was the quiet sound of the wheels of his little car which he occasionally ran across the pew.

Grampy had his favorite orange soda and grandma his "special" chocolate-chip cookies. Grandma made cookies for all her sweethearts. I am pleased that everyone had a wonderful day. The weather actually turned out nice and hopefully, will continue tomorrow when Nathan comes over grandma's to play with his new toys.

These are the rewards of life you read about and dream for and are blessed to receive.

Knock-knock jokes are great ice-breakers. They never seem to go out of style. Do You remember any?

No comments: