See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The half full or half empty theory

Yesterday began the Church New Year, and with it we turn a new leaf. Has anyone ever told you about the half full or half empty theory? It goes something like this: placing water in a cup to the half line marker, you decide if it is half full or half empty. They look the same, but the difference is perception.

Pessimists see clearly that it is half empty, while optimists see it as half full. Pessimists expect the worse, meaning that if your glass is half empty, it won't be long before it is all gone, and you thirst. Optimist say wow it's half full and I can add more to the cup, looking on the bright side of it. Hoping and sure to find more.

What does this perception have to do with Christian attitude? Plenty! Pessimists are gloomy, and see mostly the bad side of things, while optimists see the hope for things better.

Pessimists, say whoa is me, I'm not going to make it, I'm failing. Optimists say, yes I'm a sinner, but Christ died for me and therefore, I place my trust and hope in Him.

You get the picture. What a new perspective could mean to your life. What you can do is change your perception by altering your focus. (After all you may be a product of your past experiences, from which you draw your conclusions.

God wants us to have a creative mind by looking for ways to support our well-being in order that our lives be improved.

So, this is how I see mine. EMPTY. I learned that I can do nothing without Christ. If I have none I'm grateful because I do not deserve to have any, except through the Grace of God will I receive living water. And unless, like the wine skin I empty myself, how can I expect to be filled? Trusting in Him, I've never been disappointed. I will think on the promise of Jesus (John 7:37-38) "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."

(John 6:35)"And Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst." (Scripture references are taken from the Orthodox Study bible).

1 comment:

Veronica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.