See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Moment to Moment

I have had the opportunity to review and recommend a site that deals with Momemt to Moment Optimism. I have been stressing over and over the importance of having this attitude. It would be great if this approach would catch on, largely.

I have always believed that you catch more flies with honey. I don't know how sweet I am, but I desire to be for the most part. More importantly, its the approach I desire to take with other's and especially my grandson. It's the attitude that breathes success.

Everyone has their own technique, and I have mine. I believe if you make a person feel better about themselves then they will do all they can to live up to a higher expectation, "yours". I don't believe in "time outs." Rather I begin with I know you are a good boy, and you want to help grandma and I appreciate all you do for me. He feels so good about himself he wants to help and learn and behave appropriately. Grandma's so proud of him. These are all moment to moment decisions. Goods boys get rewards not punishments. Sometimes I even give him the reward, first. That is because I believe in him and know that he will live up to my expectations and his. Sometimes its more of the parent or provider's fault than the child, putting too much of a demand on them. They have to be able to fulfill your request or they become discouraged with the request at hand. Who doesn't make mistakes, Oh well, we'll do better next time. Remember, punishment gives a child the notion that he has done something bad, and some children process that to mean that they are bad, not the action or decision that got them in the hoosegow. Negative people often come from an environment of like people, and it is destructive, learned behavior which can be overcome. Negativity can ruin your life.

Optimistic little and big people, do well when we have confidence in them and they know it. So, if you have a chance, check out this page by going here. It will just take a moment, a moment that may change your entire life.

1 comment:

Dr. Russ Buss said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.