See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Friday, September 4, 2009

Sometimes you feel like a nut

I just read an article that was entitled, "Sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you don't," and there is a cute logo of an Almond Joy, which is my favorite chocolate bar, as I enjoy eating anything coconut. The subject matter was the way we are made to feel as Orthodox when for an example, we pray before we eat. I've copied a little bit so you can get the idea.

"Ramblings of a Redneck Priest"
"Being Orthodox today can make you feel like a “fish out of water.”
You should be with me on a Friday night when I walk into Wal-mart. Being a Russian priest, I am dressed in my black prodrasnik , ryassa and skufia (long robes with big sleeves and a black hat). With my long white hair and white beard, I am quite a sight. People have never seen anything like me. The reaction can go something like this: “Hey, Bubba, take a look at that! Is that a woman? Of course, if I have a chance to talk to them, I try to make them feel more at ease with humor. Lifting up my cross, I tell them that I am a “cross dresser.” That usually breaks the ice." ( credit to: frj1951)
You can go here to read the post in its entirety.

It's funny, when my husband and I were first married we got questioned a lot as to why we wear our wedding bands on the right hand. Maybe I do a post on that at a later date.

No comments: