People who have suffered silently for years, from various perfumes, and other scented items have just receive their justice in the city of Detroit. What do you say? Leave your Vote...
It wasn't that long ago when people who were sensitive to second hand smoke, and who suffered from coughing, wheezing, and asthma, along with potential lung and other medical issues were alleviated from this problem throughout the town. I was instrumental in having people in my office years ago moved into a conference room for their nicotine-pleasure. It became obvious to me that many of the office personnel who smoked, didn't take more than one puff or two before the phone rang. They were chain smokers and seemed to always have a cigarette burning in their ashtray. The ceilings were shamefully black, and I could only imagine what our lungs looked like. No one smokes in restaurants, or other public places, thankfully. I am so grateful for the ban.
Sensitivity to scents is another matter. It is a real problem for some people. My husband is one of them. I've had trouble wearing scents as they make him sneeze without mercy. It gets so bad in places we go to that he is forced to leave. Fresh air and the use of a nose spray works. What he dislikes particularly is scented candles and having to use bathrooms and other places that release scents into the air on a continuous basis. Sometimes, scented church incense bothers him to the point of having to leave Liturgy. It happens in grocery stores, and anywhere that he comes in contact with strong scents. I recall him starting to sneeze in a mall and the woman who was wearing the offending perfume was a considerable distance away. I must be careful with home products and soaps, even Christmas trees bother him. Most women like perfume, and I'm no exception. Luckily I've found a few that he can tollerate.
Tonight, I heard that a ban has been placed because a plea requesting the removal of a substance that a sensitive person made was refused. It could have been dealt with differently, like providing another space for the co-worker, understanding her health concern. It was an ugly ending --a law suit and ban even of deodorant. How do we deal with such a sensitive issue? Read it here. Cast Your Vote.
The Catholic Hipster Handbook
10 hours ago