See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"The woman caught up in a multitude of sins."

Holy Tuesday service is full of examples of Love.
One of my favorites this night is the Hymn of Kassiane where a woman lamenting of her lifestyle, provides myrrh in anticipation of the death of someone she loves, covering His feet with kisses and dried them with her hair. She has observed Him, and knows who He is. What does she want? "In Your boundless mercy, do not reject me Your handmaid." Earlier we heard in John 12:17-50, the anticipated death is upon Him. "Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour"? No, for this purpose I have come to this hour. Father, glorify thy name," Then a voice came from heaven, "I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again."
The reading continues to explain that people heard the voice, some saying it was an angel, but Jesus said it was heard for their benefit. What more did he have to do? He raised Lazarus from the dead. So why, with the many signs witnessed by them did they not believe? Isaiah is clear, "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their heart."

The next revelation is that people were afraid, even though some believed, of the Pharisees and being put out of the synagogue.

The woman, humbled and tearfully asked Him to "incline now to the groaning of my heart" she senses His divinity. Her name is Mary.

In John 12 17-50, Jesus tells the unbelievers, "While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light." "He departed and hid himself from them."

Mary asks not to be rejected by someone she loves, Jesus. While Jesus was rejected by those He loved. Such as: "the wretched Judas."
"For reason does not know enough to seek what is best."
Quotes were taken from the Services For Holy Week and Easter.

No comments: