See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Good and Bad Entertainment

Adam vs. Kris can it get any better? These two are the American Idols that will finish in the competition. I was watching the school committee meeting, so I missed Tuesdays show, but caught up on Wednesday at 9:00. It will be close. Just what would we do without television and all that wonderful entertainment?

Today, I was listening to our local radio station, and Fr. Peter was broadcasting "live" from Brimfield, where the "flea market" was in full swing. Unfortunately, the person at the station, was yelling instruction to the phone assistant to tell Fr. Peter he was over modulating on his mike in front of a live radio audience. Dick V. should have known better than that, he has had substantial experience in radio. Then he kept butting in, undermining Fr. Peter's interview, making comments about the food which was being described at the food stand as the vendor was trying to enlighten us with the menu. Who cares if he likes onions with potatoes, why do we want to know that? Yelling that she was already up to a $100. dollar ad. What was the point of the broadcast? Then, drilling her on why it wasn't "Vermont Maple Syrup." Then reminding her that she was not in Texas when she described the Texas toast. I am sure she knew where she was. He was really not an asset to the broadcast, in fact he is rude, in my opinion. His two cents worth was not required when Fr. Peter was clearly in charge of the interview. When Father was on, it sure sounded interesting and frankly, his enthusiasm was what is needed at that great event which is in it's fiftieth year. I had to get that off my chest. There's always some Dick around to spoil it for others. What is wrong with Aunt Jemima Pancake mix? She's been around for years. The Brimfield show is always a fun event. I've picked-up many wonderful items from all over the world there. And yes, you cannot do it in one day. It's fantastic! And so is the food. Fr. Peter showed himself to be a true gentlemen, and his professionalism stood out once again. Sorry Dick V. you have embarrassed the station by your lack of class and mannerism.

Now that I'm a grandmother, just think of all the fun I can have looking for things for Nate. The July show is the quietest of the three due to the heat and humidity around then. But May and September are usually packed with merchants and takers from all over. I usually find things that we had as children, and it just brings back so many great memories.

Yesterday, Nathan and I had our usual talk. He talked shop. Daddy was doing something to the blades of the lawnmower and he named truck parts and operations. Not bad for three. I didn't even know what he was talking about, but he had it down. He had to overhear the guys as they hear everything. So, I said, someday when you grow up, you'll be just like daddy, or grampy or maybe Uncle Steve. "No", he said, "like you, grandma." I am still taken back by that comment. I certainly wonder why he said that. It was truly unexpected.

One thing for sure is that he is smarter than the average bear.

1 comment:

linda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.