See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Doing it right

What are you besides a bunch of nerves? Chemistry. That is fact that you cannot ignore, and it is not going to go away.

Here we are in the valley, where all the pollens rush down as if in a bowl. The month of May for the most part is green pollen, due to the amount of foliage we have here, mainly from grass and maple trees. I always can tell the difference when I'm on the coast of Maine taking in the fresh air of the ocean. You can taste the salt in the air, a clean and healing chemical.

I had suffered from allergies for so many years, I believe I have stumbled on the reason, "Chemistry." I have shared my findings with my doctor, friends and family. Unless you have a PhD they take it as a grain of salt. I feel badly watching you suffer. Okay, with that said, each person's health needs are unique. What works for one is not necessarily going to work for someone else. Maybe it will work for you.

Here are some of the reasons that I agree with the statements found in Dr. Jensen's book.
  1. All diseases involve a chemical deficiency
  2. This deficiency encompasses all age groups
  3. It precedes or follows every disease
  4. One of the benefits of this chemical element is that it has been known to reduce air-way inflammation and more

One of the biggest problems with allergy sufferers is tissue irritating histamines and inflammation, which can cause sneezing, itching, watering eyes and nose, itchy throat and ears.

Everything that the body consumes is chemical and nutrient. A brilliant man by the name of Dr. Jensen wrote a book in 1908, which is a guide to body chemistry and nutrition.

A clinical nutritionist, talks about what is in the heart of every cell's energy system and names magnesium as a very worthy chemical element, vital to cell operation, in his book.

Food sources cannot be well assimilated without the master chemical element, magnesium.

Interestingly, my doctor, after an illness told me I was deficient in this vital chemical element. I started looking for natural food substances and finally ended up taking the supplement before bedtime to check on and assimilate the calcium in my body. The rest is history. I no longer suffer from asthema, and do not have hayfever type allergies any more.

Your diet is key to the resistance of all disease and aging. Do what you can to slow down the process by good nutritional habits and a healthy lifestyle.

Allieviate other symptoms, such as rashes and itching, by keeping the body cool, and refraining from overheating. Staying out of the sun helps. A cool towel in the folds of the body relieves the heat. Keep dry using baby powder. It may help with preventing rashes and itching. Molasses in tea helps with the inflammation in the throat and chest areas. (Don't expect it to taste good.) Place tea bags in the freezer and apply to areas over the eyelids, to reduce swelling. It is a good natural remedy for bug bites.

We wait all winter for our treasured days in the sun. Ironic how we forget the pollen, bees, and bugs. The morning Wren is up early singing and preparing her nest, soon the tree toads will be out, I forgot how noisy it is this time of year in the valley. Soon it will be mosquitoes. Oh the good life.

So remember to eat your leafy green and yellow vegetables to help strengthen you in the onslaught of allergies.

No comments: