See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Monday, May 18, 2009

Twins at 70 Years Old

I was curious about a divorced woman who will give birth C-section in June, at age 67 in Britain. That's when I learned that a mom gave birth to twins at 70 in India. Can it be rationalized? Just because you can does it mean you should?
If I were to give birth to a child now could I care for it like I did when I had my children years ago? Yes, but it would take scientific intervention to do so, should I be willing. That tells me flags should be raised. Reading further, I learned that a woman could bear children until the age of 83. Where do they get that number? Why would they want to?

Next, will they discover a way for males to deliver offspring? What insanity is this? The key word once again is money. The fact is, these women most likely will not raise their children without the help of someone else. Maybe a nurse or a nanny and therefore, the child will be well cared for.

So if your a rich widow, or divorced, and your not yet 83, why not add to your list of "wants," a child of your own, who will love you and you will be their world. If you are in your 80's you may live to be 100 and see your child through college.

No one can guarantee how long you have to live so why should that be a consideration? I read a comment that stated that Sarah of the bible had a child at ninety. (If this is true, that is indeed incredible.) Who am I to judge?

We live in an age where anything and everything goes. It is all about us. Not about who we effect, right or wrong, or is it sensible. If it feels good, do it! Having children after sixty, good luck to that!

2 comments:

linda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.