See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Junk collector

Years ago when someone would ask me where something was I would have "instant recall". One reason for that, I believe, is that not only did everything have its place but I was not a junk collector at that time. Tonight I was looking for the family tree that was done by my aunt several years ago. I just couldn't seem to lay my hands on it. You bet tomorrow I will be going through stuff as I know it is here somewhere. The magnitude of paperwork and things which have been deposited in the stock room, unlabeled, has caused me much distress. Years ago each box would have been carefully managed.

How did it happen? I have become soft. Instead of saying No, I cannot take other people's junk off their hands, I take it in. Sound familiar? Can't get rid of that, it belonged to ..... Or, maybe we will be able to use this at a later date. Perhaps, those toys that I got will be nice for Nathan to use someday, meanwhile, I can't even move down here anymore. Ridiculous.

Last year I promised myself I'd go through the junk and do something about it. This year, so far, I haven't. Does anyone have a clue as to how to motivate me into doing something I just detest. On a positive note, I found something that I thought I gave away, as I have not been able to find it for years. What a surprise! Couldn't wait to bring it upstairs and place the flower arrangement on my table. Sure is springlike with daffodils, forsythia and white lilac. Trouble is, I bought a replacement for it. I have so much junk that I have become a junk collector.

I made a beautiful straw hat with colorful flowers for the door, perhaps I gave that away for a yard sale. Can't find it. Maybe that will be incentive enough to sift through the junk tomorrow? No need to rush, I've replaced that too! But it sure would be nice to have a change, if I could find it. Just can't remember where I put it, that is if I still have it.

And, there again, is the stuff the kids, who are no longer kids, have left behind. I guess I should not be so hard on myself. I have been recycling items for years and given so much away. The problem is just saying NO, giving things the heaveho and having the ambition to get going on it.

1 comment:

linda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.