See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Monday, September 29, 2008

Chicken Soup Kinda Day

Little Nathan came over to play with grandma while his daddy had a scheduled appointment. Normally, he likes to go for carriage rides, but today, he seemed a little sensitive. (We saw the sun only a couple of times and its sort of gloomy outside.) Nate wanted to watch "Mighty Machines," but only what he wanted to watch of "Mighty Machines."

Grandma had better become better acquainted with the computer. No, I don't always get it right, try as I may. I didn't come from the computer generation. It does not always come easy to me. Nate, meanwhile, is saying "I don't want trucks, I want gravel." (Tearfully, may I add).

Try to get a two-year -old to understand that I'm not like mommy who has more knowledge on the computer, dealing with his selections on a daily basis.

So, there he was drippy nose, with his favorite dodo blanket, and sitting back against a huge pillow, probably disappointed in grandma's ability to give him what he wants. And, of all days, when he was not feeling his best.

Technology is hard to keep up with so, I kissed the boo boo's away with his favorite chicken soup. The same recipe I've been using for years, along with sour apple slices and chocolate yogurt ice cream. Luckily, he had a good appetite and ate every bit of it. He may be young, but like most men, can be enticed by food. (It certainly changed his mind, completely).

Colds seem to start up this time of the year in New England, especially when children go back to school.

The best remedy I know is still chicken soup, mom and apple pie.

I felt a little better when daddy came home and told Nathan that grandma couldn't play "gravel" on her computer because it was on the other "Mighty Machine" DVD at home, which I didn't even have. (We'll have to get the title of that one for sure).

Maybe, we can ask grampy to pick it up at the store, and have it on hand, in anticipation of another chicken soup kinda day.

No comments: