See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Positive Feedback

I still do, and maybe you do too! That is, I still look for approval. Sometimes we are just not sure. So we ask, "what are your thoughts, " and "what do you think about this?" I find if you've been with someone long enough, you sort of know without asking. Or, perhaps you just do it.

It was that way with learning how to use the computer, by the seat of my pants, asking a lot of questions. First question was "what do I need a computer for?" Now, isn't that a silly question? I spend many hours on my computer. I still have an unpublished book somewhere on a different model. It is unbelievable how much computers have changed since I first became acquainted with them. Now I'm using the inspiron version. I simply could nor would, want to go without it. I guess you can tell I'm still learning, have a way to go, but I can do it and I will. You see, it is a matter of wanting to.


This leads me to tell you about little Nathan. The other day I heard him say once again...."I can do it". Then, he repeated it again. "I can do it". Then, "I did it".
For many months I recall telling him, "go ahead, you can do it!" (the positive reinforcement). The brave little boy, with all the courage he could muster would try. With each success, he built up a confidence in himself. He is as proud of his achievements, as we are of him.

Sometimes, we hear him say, "I can't do it...Negative attitudes should meet with immediate correction. With an attitude like that, he won't do it either.

If you want to accomplish anything you have to think that you can and by golly, you'll get there by hook or by crook. (Time now for words of encouragement). "Sure you can." And, "If grandma says you can do it, you can." Then comes his thought process. "If grandma says I can do it, I can do it." After trying, he accomplishes it.

Do you sill need someone to do your thinking for you? Sometimes, I do. Not long ago, I recall someone said that I should....and I thought, wow, if he thinks I can do it, well maybe I can. And, because he had confidence in me, I did it.


We aren't born with confidence in ourselves, we develop it. With some people, if they fail even once, they will not try anymore. It takes courage to pick yourself up and try again.
Now, all Nathan has to do is get himself mentally ready for the task at hand. He practices out loud.


Are you one of those people, who never accomplish your goals because you lack encouragement from others, or do you fail because you think that you can't, lacking confidence and convincing yourself that you will fail? Maybe its time to begin to talk your self into the victory that you deserve. It all begins with you and hearing yourself say that You can and you will.

Do you believe in yourself? Or, can someone convince you otherwise? Do not let others dictate your future. That you can't do.


Nathan will be a success story in life, he knows how to be a winner. He has a winning attitude. He doesn't listen to others that say to him "no you can't".

Change! Stop looking for approval, if you want to do something bad enough, just do it...Listen to the words of this little boy, "I think I can." "I think I can." "I think I can." And, "I can do it!" Your happiness depends on your ability to know you can do something, have the confidence to proceed, and "do it." It's never too late to start changing negative attitudes with positive ones. Why can't you do that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.