See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Its all in the mail

It makes me laugh when the liberals talk about going green. I'm a conservative and that means not being wasteful. My friend Linda made the comment yesterday about cloth diapers and we wondered how many of those people whose claim to being supporters of saving planet earth would give up disposable diapers? The plastic in those diapers will outlive the baby, and adult for that matter. The proof is in the putting. People out there are all talk, who would ever go back to cloth diapers? It is not negotiable. You either are or your not going to do your part in helping to be wise stewards of our planet. Aren't these the same people that are trying to prevent us from drilling the much needed oil for our country's use? How about "saving the trees"? I agree with that. So you tell me why we have got to receive all that "junk mail" each and every day. Especially this year. The "campaigns" are saying how much money is needed. Well, I have a suggestion for them. Stop sending us mail, save the money, paper, stamps and personnel. Save the planet. "Think Green". And that's not just the dollar.
I don't believe the mail box was intended to be a dumping ground for circulars, and advertisements of all type. If I need something, don't call me, I'll call you. It is bad enough to have to retrieve bills, bills and more bills. Oh wait, here's something different, a letter from our little grandson. I can't imagine what it is! Happy Grandparents Day? How nice, how refreshing. Why, it is a door knob sign with a little mouse on it. All scribbled pink? and yellow, his favorite colors. It says, you are special to me, Love Nathan. Good mail? Now I know there is hope for this world. He's depending on us. So let's get going on it. How will you help to save this planet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.