See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Friday, September 19, 2008

The Entertainer

I used to be sort of straight-laced, that is until I met Fr. Peter. Now, I laugh all the time. If you are interested in the blogs listed below, the facing east podcast is now available. Fr. Peter and Fr. Greg are riding around in a golf cart, then out of the blue, music, they make me laugh so much, I can't stop. I won't spoil the fun, take a listen for yourself, they are so funny. I do believe there comes a time when the craziness in your life stops and you can be more relaxed and enjoy life! I must be at that age.

If your reading my posts then you know I love to sing and dance. (Used to dance, that is, no one and no where to dance anymore, except with my grandson.) You should see him go. He loves music. It started when he was a baby, I'd put all different sounding Cd's on and sing to him. His favorite song was "Pow-Pow." One day he started to sing, but didn't know any words. So he used different notes with the same word. Like, the car....singing to his favorite stuffed animals when he woke up from a nap. He sings so high its cute. His mom taught him On Top of Spaghetti, and he's picked-up a few numbers from his favorite videos like "Mighty-Machines."

Music is an important part of my life. Helps me to express my joy. Its a mood setter and when I'm down, it picks me up. I find exercising is less of a chore, as well as cleaning up the house. Music is a universal language.

Nathan sings his A,B,C's and twinkle-twinkle little star to me. It's wonderful.... he can carry a tune. His dad has a wonderful sounding voice, it runs in the family.

One of the happiest days of my life was going to the Opera house in Providence, RI to see the Phantom of the Opera. I waited to see it for years. It was special to be there, a dream come true and I heard every word. I was captivated by the love story of a woman torn between two men who loved her. I still play the music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and reminisce. John complained that he couldn't understand any of it. Couldn't make out any of the words. How very disappointing. There again, he can't hold a note. Doesn't dance much either. Maybe he wasn't exposed to it the way I was as a child.
Most women enjoy dancing and being sung to.

Happily, Nathan is my little entertainer at two. He's a real heart breaker, who sings, plays the organ, drums, guitar and luckily, dances with grandma. Oh ya, at times he's even a little comedian. I'm sure you know that he knows how to make me laugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.