See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Monday, September 22, 2008

Pretty Please

For all those who are not familiar with the term pretty please, its when you really want something, and it is one up on please, please. When your response reaches that level, you usually get what you want. We sure know how to get what we want. "Oh, pretty please, pretty please."

Nathan knows that having good manners help to get exactly what he wants, and usually that is "cream, more cream please."

Good manners are essential for any age group. So, this is a communication skill we work on, a lot. If he forgets, I usually say, "what's the magic word?" When he forgets to say thank you, I take whatever I'm giving him back until I hear him say, "thank you." Then I say "your welcome." I've noticed in this area, when others try to say it, they almost always say, "you welcome." It's sooo funny.

Years ago, I recall reading "the please and thank you" book to my children, over and over and over. They loved it.

One of the most important words to learn in life is I'm sorry. We may have to wait awhile for that one.

I'm sure we'll be hearing "pretty please" soon enough. But for now, the words "I've got to go to the potty" will do.

No comments: