See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Frosting my Cookies

Just an expression that does not have anything to do with baking. Well yesterday, it was a scenic drive. Today was a different story.

The story goes that several weeks ago, I had my car looked at for what was a terrible rattle. We suspected that the tailpipe was getting rather rusty and perhaps a clamp or two had loosened. We made an appointment and drove all the way to Brookfield to have a reputable dealer check it out. Of course we were right it would need a new exhaust system, which was ordered and scheduled for repair.

When I got home that day, I noticed that something was hanging in the back center of the car, not touching the ground. It wasn't there before, so it was assumed that because they temporarily secured the exhaust system while waiting for the ordered part, that was also part of whatever they were doing. We thought, who could miss that, and having no further concern, we thought that it would all be taken care of when repaired.

You can't imagine how pleased I was to find it still hanging today when I went to the store to buy a few things. Now I take full responsibility for not looking yesterday, after the repair. I didn't think I literally had to look, trusting with supervisors and all, the job would be done well.

What ever happened to the service in this country? It takes a little lady to find this thing hanging from a vehicle? Not that hard, all I had to do was look.

I somehow didn't enjoy the trip down and back. I was pissed! (good English word that everyone understands). At times like these I'm better off to be alone. I called immediately, he understood, I got there in no time.

I didn't have to wait, nor would I have paid for this oversight.

People that know me, also know that I have learned to take care of myself. I keep telling myself that this is the Christmas Season and it is best to remember to be nice. Hold your tongue, even if they are idiots and supposedly the best mechanics around. People can make mistakes, and this was only the second time.

I asked the service manager how it was possible to have something the size of a cable wire with and adapter on the end hanging from back center of a vehicle, not worth the mention to the customer if there were a problem, as I did not hear of one. His answer was the car looks different when up on a lift, than when it is on the ground. Really!???

He didn't want to deal with me. They couldn't find him. So they sent their people out who were more than pleasant.

The young, handsome mechanic all pink-cheeked tried to explain the dilemma. He was sweet and it was not his problem.
He drove the car out for me opened the door, and did all he could.

I am not hard to get along with. Just do your job. When I take my car to the garage to be repaired, if you knock something out of place, fix it. Don't wait until I have to look under the car to see, or hear, what you were too lazy or careless to do.

No charge, it didn't cost me in service. But my time is valuable and so is gas.

Service is a huge consideration when buying a new vehicle, and I will keep that in mind. Thank you very much...

2 comments:

linda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Johnny G. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.