See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Kicking the Can

Ranting is not my style. Nor is being silent. I'm sorry if what I think offends some others but, am I not allowed my own feelings and expression? So here I go kicking the can, again, knowing that it will hurt my foot.

I wonder if Jesus would approve of all of those prescribed advent rules, which creates in some, negative feelings for many reasons. (The fact is, it is just too hard). Jesus knows us intimately, and its like kicking someone when they are down. It is not His style. He is compassionate. It takes the word Merry from Christmas. It was never part of my tradition. Loving, giving, supporting and working for the Church is.

I agree that Christmas is just too rushed. There is no time to even get together, relatives are trying to visit and attend all the parties, yet have a special time at home for their own tree and gifts, on Christmas day. It creates fights and hard feelings.

Working around people's schedules and other situations create stress enough. (Most of the time, it feels rushed).

We need a little Christmas now. Great song! Somehow we make it through, exhausted and stressed to the limit. It isn't the parties, not around here. Frankly just the cold, is enough to do me in.

Did you ever here the song by Bob River's, "Twelve Pains of Christmas." The part about angry husband rigging up the lights, and finding a Christmas tree, sound familiar? Too familiar for about forty years.

The good news, is that Fr. P. brought me some new readers. I hope they don't think that I am as bad as he makes me sound. Maybe I am. I don't even know why I'm picking on him, I just don't want to hear it. But, know this, that I have much respect for him. Christmas is supposed to be a celebration, and I want to celebrate. I've stopped going to some family parties, where some family member's should not be drinking.

Today, tuning to radio station WESO 970am, Fr. Peter, began his new program, which aired between 12-1. I learned some valuable information on how to avoid being stressed out. I have come to learn that I put a lot on myself, instead of delegating, which others have allowed for various reasons. I create my own stress. I need to change. I look forward to what will be a great show again next week.

It is good to know that partaking in the birth of Christ is not just for everyone else, but for you too. Don't forgot to do something good for yourself. Make some special time for you.
A caller stressed the need for taking care of yourself, walking is good.

The wise men brought gifts to Jesus, yes, we should also. But they each brought one. That is what we decided as a family to do this year. It is the anticipation, both in Advent and in Christmas that brings the hope of receiving that special gift.

And that is, the gift that is not found under the tree.

No comments: