See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Kitchen gadget

Watching TV especially this time of the year, you come across many things that are "a must have." It made me think of all the kitchen gadgets that I have which have saved me lots of time, and are appreciated mostly when it is hot working in this small kitchen.

The problem is where to put all these fine things. One example is an electric jar opener. A blessing for sure at times. Not something that I'd use everyday. Then, there is the rotisserie, priceless. The meat comes out perfect every time. I don't roast that often. The grill is perfect for burgers and hot dogs, great for taking the "fat" out. The George Foremen grill is a must.

I love my bread machine. It is actually a Bakery, although I only use it for bread. On the downside, I'm not supposed to indulge in such delicacies. The only thing I don't have is a Pitzell maker to make Italian cookies. But then, I should not tempt myself, so I abstain from buying one. I am using my waffle maker, not daily, but it allows me to throw in flax seed and wheat germ and cut back on the flour, utilizing more ground oats, which I grind in my coffee grinder.

It is impossible to buy for me, because I have everything. Everything but space. That drives me crazy.

There is one thing in the kitchen that I have used for years, and it is my favorite kitchen tool. I take it everywhere I go to cook or bake. Can you guess what it is?

It will be interesting to see if someone will guess. I know it will not be under the tree again this year. Just one hint? It is not electrical. You've seen me use it time and time again, so what is it?

No comments: