See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Monday, December 1, 2008

Let your smile be your umbrella

Sometimes we come out with these little cliche's, probably after hearing them over and over as children, and sometimes wondering where they came from and what do they mean? This one, I recall from my youth. "Let Your Smile Be Your Umbrella." Did you ever notice how important your smile is? What an effect it has on others? When you greet me, your smile warms me to my toes. It makes me feel so happy.

That is why it is so important to greet others with your friendly, cheerful, smile. No matter what else happens, or what else is said, your initial greeting says it all. Many times, when you need to overcome a difficult set of circumstances, just that look will do it. That's probably what is meant by umbrella, or protection. I don't know anyone who does not respond to a friendly smile. Who smiles and fights at the same time?

As I sit here typing away, my face from the ear to the temple, lip and throat is frozen. It was made numb by one of the best dentists and his assistant, in this area. It was good to see the group today, that I used work with in our local dental office. They are in the business of making sure that people keep their pearly whites. Mine was fractured, but he was able to save it, pins and all. Dental care is vital to your health. Today, I'm thankful for the great care I get right here in our local community.

Some of you may remember, The love theme from the Sandpiper, 1965.

"The Shadow of Your Smile."
The Shadow of Your smile when you are gone
Will color all my dreams and light the dawn
Look into my eyes my love and see
All the lovely things you are to me
Our wistful little star was far to high
a teardrop kissed your lips and so did I....
Now that I remember spring
all the joy that love can bring
I will be remembering
the shadow of your smile...

No comments: