See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

LAWSUIT AGAINST PRAYER

AN ATHEIST group has filed a lawsuit against prayer. I'd like to tell them that they are a joke. But the truth is that while my husband, John gets all fired up on this subject, I feel badly for them. I cannot imagine going through life without the God that created and loves you. They will be in my prayers tonight.
The story appeared on Fox News over the Internet, and already had close to fifty comments.
We all learn about God, and its not something spoon-fed to us. As we grow, normally our faith grows with us. It sometimes takes a lifetime to get it completely, as the sky is the limit on the knowledge available to us through courses in bible study and by hearing the gospel readings and homily's and as God reveals it to us. My parents shared their faith with us, and I know that it is not always the case today.
I recall working at the Old Sturbridge Village, as a part-time hostess, when a group of boys came in to visit. We stood around the podium and were chatting about why they had not gone home for the Thanksgiving Holiday. One boy told me, his school in Woodstock was his home, and that his very wealthy parents were only interested in boarding him. They were off somewhere on a trip. He was not their priority. He had friends and the schools planned their trips. They have all the money and things that they need. How cold. Reminded me of the play Scrooge that I just saw. These kids don't even have the love of a family. Makes me understand just how rich I really am.
In our church, we still light candles in prayer for those having a need. If you can say you never have needs, more power to you. But, I'm thankful each day that I can share my struggles and problems with the only person who really cares. He is the one that gave His life for me, unworthy that I am. The One that will never leave me nor forsake me, and is there until the end of time, when we will meet face to face.
That assurance gives me the peace and hope that I don't know what these people can live without. It is their choice, their right, and they are not speaking for the majority. Sadly, they may even be embolden by a win in this their cause.
Being the good neighbor that I choose to be, I will only say that I will pray that you are enlightened before your death. You may want to live without Jesus, but do you really want to die without Him? He's there listening, in fact, there is no where you can go to hide from Him.
(Psalm 139:7-12)"Where can I go from Your spirit? Or where can I flee from Your Presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning, And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, Even there Your hand shall hold me. If I say, "Surely the darkness shall fall on me," Even the night shall be light about me; Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You, But the night shines as the day; The darkness and the light are both alike to You." Why I tell you that even what holds you together is of the Lord's making, Your creator. Have you ever heard the term Laminin? Go here for more information.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.