See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Monday, December 29, 2008

The Odds

What are the odds of losing a lens in your glasses? I don't think it happens to often. My husband and I are always leaving or losing gloves, and maybe that is a common occurrence. Friday evening after work John came home with the news that he was missing the left lens of his prescriptive glasses. He has separate sun glasses and another pair of distance "spects" for just in case. In fact, normally he wears the older pair in the house. Sunday, he wore them to church. Luckily, we will be able to replace the missing lens, which is on order as we speak. They aren't cheap, but its something you cannot do without. I think frankly they are too delicately manufactured. I like the old-fashioned thicker synthetic throw them on the floor type. Lets face it, men do not treat their things lovingly. It is true that they are not as stylish, so what! One thing about posts is that you can't see when my blood is boiling. Everything is made thinly these days. Replacement is the name of the game. These glasses are not that old, and yes I'm a little mad. Everything is always happening to him.

Coming back to Sunday, we were on the way home from church, and I asked him why he wore his new glasses, knowing that the lens on the left was missing. He replied that no he didn't wear that pair and that those which were currently on his face were the older purchase. The odds of having had the same thing happen with years is rare, months, maybe. But several days? I couldn't believe it. He has a separate pair for reading, (good thing he didn't want bifocals).

Today, I went back to the church and retraced steps, luckily I found the lens. I was able to repair the glasses with my handy tool set made just for that particular job. They sell tool kits for eye glass problems? Maybe we should take out stock in that company. Must happen to a lot of people. Interesting. I think it rather funny that he had no back-up pair today. Can you imagine how hilarius that had to look as he usually gets the tinted kind. Anyway, what are the odds of that happening? I wonder.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
linda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.