See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Greetings

Some of my family will be celebrating Easter Sunday tomorrow, and to them I send Easter Greetings. May the Risen Lord fill your hearts with every joy on this holy season.
It always brings back happy memories of my mom making an Easter bunny cake and there were treats where we sat at the table for each one of us.
Years ago, we wore gloves and a hat with a nice Sunday coat. Today's parishioners are not into bonnets. Most people do not wear jeans on Easter Sunday. But they do dress down, unlike in our day. It was typical to get together for Sunday dinner. Today I saw that my neighbor put up a small white fence around the red mulch that they just put down. Low and behold there are silk flowers, I believe put in for the occasion. Possibly company coming over tomorrow for a family gathering.
What to get the mother-in-law is always the question. She of course wants nothing. Yet, how can we let any holiday go by, especially this one without coming up with something to bring over to her. She is so limited on what we can give her. In fact, yesterday she lost a tooth on a grape. At almost ninety, and on a restricted diet, she prefers to stay at home. She told me that the fudge that her daughter brought over on Christmas ended up in the basket. She chooses to not water plants, and therefore it is a challenge to come up with something for someone who has everything.
So, I decided since everyone needs to eat, the best gift is homemade food. I made her favorite soup, and spinach pie, and for dessert, oatmeal raisin cookies. We'll get it into a nice little basket and maybe place a flower or two, to brighten up the day.
Needless to say, I've had a very busy day in the kitchen, and hopefully will have a quiet day of rest tomorrow. I can't believe it will be Palm Sunday already for us. The lenten season flew by. This is our big week coming up and I'm tired already. We haven't finalized our plans yet for next Sunday. It is hard to accommodate all the working schedules and activities.
I hope your day will be just wonderful.

No comments: