See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Favorite colorful flowers

One on my favorite flowers gives a lot of bang for the buck. It used to be that they were a popular shady plant but now they have developed a variety that also does well in the sun.

They look great either in a barrel or in a flower bank, and they require nothing more than water and fertilizer. You've probably guessed that they are called Impatiens. I used to refer to them as impatients, close enough. I think that we have more to do than squawk over flower pronunciations. No matter how you say it, the translation is beautiful. They are one of the first flowers in my garden and last, until the first frost. They say they are also called "touch me nots" or, "patience plant." The ones I like to grow are 10" to 12." They are not really cut flowers and because their stems are thick, they contain a lot of water like a cactus. I like the Australian variety best. Here is a site you can visit to learn about impatiens.

Go to this site to learn more about this wonderful flower.

Since I was a very little girl, outdoors in the spring, swinging and loving life, I enjoyed one flower over and above all else, the lilac. It is very fragrant and has amazing shades. Only second to the lilac are roses, also beautiful and aromatic. I found a site with a gallery of lilac images to view, take a look here. The family across the street from me has a beautiful tree in which the lilac's leaves are just starting to come through. I can't wait to see them. It's my favorite one, lightly purple, shaped like little crosses with a yellow center.

No comments: