See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wishy-Washy

I know my own mind, unlike some people I know. They need people to constantly remind them that they are good, popular, and so right. I make my decisions based not on what is the latest buzz but on what my heart tells me is right based on my own decision-making process. As a Christian we are taught to uphold and regard highly, all life. All life, beginning from conception to it's natural end. Along with that comes the decision not to support the death penalty. So my vote was based on all of those questions. Did you vote your party? Your vote, once committed cannot be retracted.

Today, on the local radio station, we were well advised to not complain, especially, if we failed to vote in our candidate of choice. We participated. But, is that good enough if our candidate will not support human life? As Christians, we have that obligation, don't we? Are we just as much to blame as the politician, if we elected him in office? Are they really going to reflect our views 100%?

My suggestion is to do what was suggested on the radio today because I simply don't want to hear it any more. Your complaining is fruitless. You voted, now deal with it. Don't change the subject. What does it have to do with your political affiliation? We have loving Christians on both sides.

Oh by the way, I do know what side of the isle I sit on, I don't need a constant reminder, I've been there a very long time and intend to stay where I am comfortable. I am not easily influenced or to put it in another way, wishy-washy. My "vote" and my actions are on the side of "all life." There is no double standard with me.

If your waiting for Republican's to cross over to the other side, like Arland Spector, (at 79, what took him so long), you might be waiting for a long time, and if you think we will miss him, we won't. So don't hold your breath.

1 comment:

linda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.