See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Culture of Death

(Taken from usatoday.com). Go here.
Today, February 5, 2009, 9:00 ET, Day 17: of President Obama's schedule, at the National Prayer breakfast, and accompanied by First Lady Michelle Obama, he delivered his remarks, praying for 'God's grace' to fill the 'space between us,'
He further remarked, "There is no God who condones taking the life of an innocent human being," wisely said by the president. I am in total agreement with that statement. Yet, I am deeply disappointed and appalled at the decision to rescind a ban that prohibited the giving of federal money to international groups supporting abortion. (Utilizing our tax dollars, and hard earned money).
Please understand this: It is not "petty grievances" and "worn out dogmas" that I defend, but human lives, the ones whos hearts are beating to the rhythm of life in their mother's womb. For this reason, I went to Washington to participate in the March and in protest of this culture of death, demanding as a citizen of this great nation that their constitutional rights be upheld and that includes the life (within), that you, Mr. President have sworn to protect.
That is the "space between us" and I believe, our Creator, as well. Some would say that pro-life efforts have been reduced to a state of fruitless debate. The Pharaoh would not listen to Moses either. But the Author of Life had other plans for him. You see, there is only one world view that counts and that is "His." This epic struggle is destined to end only in one way and that is a victory on the side of life.
The bible supports my words and throughout it's reading the killing of the innocents in the bible as well as "Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed." (Psalm 139:16), makes it crystal clear that God is watching. He will vindicate His creations.
What should the prayer be of one who is called to a high office? Respectfully, may I suggest this one? (Psalm 26:1) Taken from the Orthodox Study Bible. Vindicate me, O Lord, for I have walked in my integrity. I have also trusted in the Lord; I shall not slip. (6) I will wash my hands in innocence;
As you enter the front door of my home, you will see an Icon of the Holy Mother of God, enshroud with a black veil on her head and rosary across the top of the frame. This was placed there as a reminder that we are asking her intercession, praying for a quick resolution to end the inhuman suffering of the unborn. We carried this Icon in Washington as a symbol of hope and impending victory. Everytime I go by it, I am reminded to pray.
Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee, Blessed art thou among women and
"Blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus." Holy Mary, Mother of God, Pray for us sinners, for you have born the savior of our souls."

No comments: