See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

You be the Judge

I just came back in from outside to pick the front stairs from their "ice prison."Some parts are still 3" to 4" thick in spite of the "warm-up." In fact, I had to chop with all my might, and I even peeled the skin from my baby finger, it's like having an open blister on your heel. It's 56 degrees out there right now, and that is not in the sun. Yet my stairs are still a nightmare. I'm working my way down to the garden portion of the walk, just opening it up, for a step. We are forced to use the garage door entrance, as we keep the driveway cleared. My son jokingly said, "don't worry ma your not too high off the ground, you could just jump out of the window."
Yesterday, I was finally able to clear the deck, and that was a great feeling. I still feel we will have an early spring, even though the ice burgs make it seem like an eternal ice age. I have no need or desire to go to the gym, this place keeps me fit. In the summer, I tend all the gardens, which is more pleasurable. I looked at my rose bushes and I still had some green stems. That is a good sign. I'm hoping that I won't lose them, as they were very productive and beautiful last year. I was outside with no jacket, just a fleece top, and still managed to work up a sweat. Nathan is co-operating by taking a nap. When he wakes up, I'll take him out for a walk. Just heard him so I will cut this short. Maybe he'll get a chance to see the baby fly. It surprised me too! I was almost happy to see it. Maybe the ground hog was wrong after all. Now back to my day. What would you say if your grandson asked you for lunch, because he was hungry and after preparing it and setting it before him, he threw himself on the floor and cried? I'd say that he didn't like it. Well that is what happened at lunch time. He gave it back to me, and we compromised by making something that he wanted, after our little talk about not throwing himself on the floor. I don't recall my kids ever doing that to me. I was taken back a bit. I stressed communicating with grandma. He was frustrated thinking he had to eat something he simply did not like, and I was frustrated thinking about how fast I could get something he did like. He cried, and I understood.
Today, when he was watching his "Cars" movie, once again, he heard Tow Mater talk about McQueen being his best friend. And he said, "grandma, your my best friend."
So, when I talk to my son this afternoon and he asks how my day is going, I'll have to say, that it couldn't be better, now.

No comments: