See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Taking a Deep Breath

My grandson and I go for walks and while we are outside we always take a moment to take in some deep breaths. I recall my dad used to say the same thing years ago, when we went walking in the evening. It usually was star-lit and pleasant. He must have had a lot of patience as I had such tiny feet and took small steps. My grandson Nathan is tall for his age, so we walk well together. You hear experts say that taking a deep breath is so important, yes vital to your health as it circulates your blood through your body and muscles. His mom is a nurse and she teaches him to do the same thing. It gets him relaxed and focused immediately.

Years ago, it surprised me when my sister-in-law was advised to walk outside in the cold when she had pneumonia. Most often we breath on an even keel. Most of us are shallow breathers. Shallow breathing leads to ill health.

So, in the morning when you get up, make it a habit to say, it's a beautiful day today, and take a deep one.

We were not all meant to be robust runners, and certainly not all of us will look forward to working out at the gym. Just putting on a happy face and taking that deep breath will change you the way it has other's for generations, for the better. Oxidizing your cells re-energizes your body, giving you that healthy look and feeling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.