See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Friday, February 27, 2009

They'll Be Spring in the Valley

They'll be spring in the valley someday! I know, because I just came back from my twenty-minute walk, where I saw buds on trees. It sounds like a good title for a song, anyway I thought I was seeing things, so I literally went over to investigate the branch and sure enough, spring is sprung.

Just think, March is right around the corner and I can't wait for it. Walking today was very pleasant, in the 50's and windy. March winds. How exciting! Linda get your seeds ready, it won't be long now. I also confirmed the buds on the tree outside my picture window.

John started to sneeze last night, another indicator. People who have allergies usually start in March. Pollutants fly in from southern states and land in the valley, where we live.

It' all just a tease though, winter is no quitter, as the weather is forecasting thirties and who knows what else. This time of the year normally we start going through body changes, losing winter fat as we start clean up. The gardens are an absolute mess. Nothing prevents new life from springing forth, even through the previous year's mess. I also notice that we are badly in need of sun. The wonderful natural vitamin D, absorbed on our skin for at least 20 minutes a day, will promote good health. Synthetic sources are not quite the same, but when you have no choice, you have no choice. Not all of us can afford to fly out to sunny spots during winter seasons.

The young boy was playing basketball outside today. Most anxious to have the dirt swept away. Me too!

Should you feel a little down this time of the year, it's normal, everything is so icky, dirty, and now windblown, but never fear, springs is near!

No comments: