See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Just One of Those Days

It was almost 46 degrees here but it certainly didn't feel like it. John and I went shopping for small items that we weren't able to pick up yesterday. The wind blew what little hair I have, all over, so as I entered the store, I gasped! It was sticking straight up. John never complained, he is happy to be with me. Or, maybe he just doesn't care about the "little" things.

Today is one of those days. I didn't feel like posting even, but I thought, I'll keep it short. Consistency is important.

We had our first Ladies Society meeting of the year to vote in new officers. It is hard for me to believe that the manner of one member in particular, who is most "unkind" has been allowed to intimidate others for years. The accusation and the tone which she uses to admonish someone, or even ask a question, clearly is her motivation, to "start something." It's like sending in the attack dog. It concerns me, and It does not sit well with me, as I've had to encounter many such moments from hostile people last year. This is how our ladies meeting began, and it is not conducive to resolving or discussion, but this type of provoking and disruptive attitude, throws everything into a tizzy. That could be one of the reasons that the group has diminished in size and significance. Most members are in name only, with minimal participation. The new president will have her hands full. I wish her luck.

When I got home I received a call from one of the members, indicating that she was so tired of this type of behavior, that she wanted to get up and "slap her in the face." Obviously, it bothered her as well. I calmed her down, no sense crying over spilled milk. She has second thoughts about staying on as bullying tactics do not sit well with her. Should there be bad-mouthing, she is going to walk out.

As a Christian, one of the hardest jobs we have is composure. Maintaining it when things get heated, and during those times, being able to answer questions. Rule number one, is to maintain control. My two years are up. I've done my duty, (Over and above). I will be happy not to have to be attacked anymore by people who should know better. That is the price that I had to pay for supporting the parish priest, as I felt, it was the right thing to do, although many of the other's did not. The ball will be in their court now. So, in many ways, I feel that we have had two good years, but fear, we will now regress. I may have to step away to avoid confrontation, in the future.

What am I looking for? I don't know. Perhaps, I've already left that group, at least in my mind. Or, maybe I will decide to be the bigger person and minimally participate. But, I refuse to get into hateful debates demeaning our fellow parishioners, or priest over "money matters," in particular. I prayed that God's will be done as he knows best.

So, as I began to post, I looked on the right side, of the page on my computer, at my little friend of the moment, who very often does silly and funny things which cheers me up. He was crying big tears in a blue puddle. That didn't work! I envied his tears, feeling as bad as he does. Then, I decided to read Linda's blog. For some reason today, I looked up to the left, and saw the quote of the day. It read: "God grant me the courage not to give up." Is someone trying to tell me something?

I'm known as the strong one. I'm the go-to person. The encourager, the supporter, the good listener. I'll cheer you, be with you, keep you in line most of the time. And, I'll laugh and cry with you, after all, I'm the boo-boo kisser.

1 comment:

linda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.