See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Monday, February 23, 2009

Take Your Clothes Off

This morning I had the pleasure of watching Nathan, while Bill went to the dentist for an examination and cleaning. We had inclement weather last night and once again my driveway was left with an amazing amount of ice. I would have had difficulty scraping off the ice on my huge vehicle, while sliding on the ground below.

It was decided that Bill would drive here, instead of my going to his house. Nathan is always happy to go to grandma's house because he gets "spoiled." Usually I'm dressed by the time he arrives, but not today. I had on my evening lounging gown with a blanket-like bathrobe and matching slippers.

Three-year-old toddlers notice everything, but I was surprised when Nathan said, "grandma take your clothes off." I though I was hearing things, he repeated it again. Usually I post on things that are cute or unusual that he will read when he gets older and find funny. When your three, you can get away with a comment like that. He just wanted me to be dressed in my regular garb and didn't quite know how to say it.

Three things come to mind. When people say it doesn't matter what you wear, it does. If you think people don't notice what your wearing, your wrong. Or what you've said, even in jest was not heard, think again.

Make sure that people understand exactly what you mean, and mean what you say.

No comments: