See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Church Yard/Bake Sale

Happily another hectic but successful weekend is drawing down. These are some of the events, which started early Saturday morning at St. Michael Church, and on the Common of Southbridge, where a town-wide yard sale was being held.

I arrived at the church hall and found that Linda got there ahead of me. The little harvest scarecrow figures lined the stairwell, and having stuck those characters into the lawn, she placed a beautiful harvest scene on the red entrance door.
Then, she even took time to make a welcome poster, complete with tiny orange pumpkins.
I found that the coffee was just about ready, so I consumed my first cup.

Debbie arrived with more baked goodies, priced all those delicious treats and, while arranging them on the table, I got to work making signs for lunch.

The rest of the crew strolled in before nine with the early shoppers. The rooftop looked as though we had a slight frost and it was quite chilly. Typical for this time of the year, but soon afterwards the sun broke through with an amazing color-show everywhere. It was a near perfect day.

Alfter a while, all you could smell was the spiced squash soup, kielbasa cabbage dish, and the scent of baked apple pies.

Much fun was had by all, even the workers, who were already commenting on what we should do next year.

In the evening we enjoyed dinner at 12 Crane St. Got to relax and sip a few specialty beers.

Father's 8:30 syndicated radio program started the morning off, followed by Liturgy on Sunday. Since we had coffee hour today, John set-up and I cleaned-up after it. (He also had shopping for his mom).

We arrived in time for the Two o'clock play in Putnam, CT. We joined several friends to see, A Comedy Farce. Ken Ludwig's "Moon Over Buffalo" at the Bradley Playhouse. Burgers followed at the Courthouse Pub. Linda and John found it extremely funny, almost falling off their chairs. I have to admit, I was a little embarrassed by some of the scenes.
Yet, I noticed that some of the "little old red hat ladies" seemed okay with it to my surprise.

October is a month packed with activities and, I plan to keep you posted.

No comments: