See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Shut-eye

I'm sitting here and its not even 7:45 AM, and I've already had my breakfast, now that is a shock to your system when your not used to it. So, I've yawned and said at least four times, I'm tired. Each time, Nathan responds, "no your not." Oh yes, I am. The alarm did its job this morning, and there was no going back to sleep.

The hubby gets taken care of first, coffee, breakfast, lunch readied, then he's off to work. Today we had apple pancakes, with syrup and cream. Orange juice is a must, and so are cartoons for the little one. Nate is comfortably sitting at his cars table and chair, along with Pepper, his other pet puppy.

He is in a cheerful mood this morning, he's been laughing since he got up. Every time he hears "pickles" on TV, that's his cue.

I've got some baking to do this morning, guess I'll get an early start. Oh, I forgot to tell you the secret ingredient for making outstanding pancakes. Every restaurant owner knows this but won't tell. Its okay, my grandma taught me when I was just a little girl, (vanilla).

One of my favorite drinks in the morning as a child, especially after recuperating from an illness was eggnog. My dad gave it to us as a "cure all." My children's pediatric physician did not agree with that practice, so I found a replacement. Years ago, they got their eggs early in the morning and they were fresh. Salmonella poisoning is the reason they frown on uncooked eggs today. What isn't a concern?

Now, there is another mess to clean and I'm elected. I'd rather go back to bed and get more shut-eye. But that's not going to happen. So good morning world!

No comments: