See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Thursday, October 16, 2008

SERENITY

Those of you who know me, also know of my love for the church. Yesterday, three of us prepared the ground, on each side of the entrance, for a spring "spectacular".

Getting started, we had to select the colorful flowers that will bloom, (some in early spring, mid-spring, and late spring). The first step after purchasing the bulbs was to determine some sort of layout. Height was a consideration, but also blooming time. The whole idea was to allow spacing in between the tight area to be able to appreciate each and every flower.

Nothing ever goes as planned, as we had to switch bulbs to accommodate more, we overcompensated, and ultimately, had to expand the garden on both sides.

We are confident, when springtime comes along, those two areas will be lovely when in full bloom, throughout spring. That is, if the little hungry varmints do not get to the bulbs first. More to do, one step at a time. It will be a surprise, as we already do not remember where we planted, for the most part, in the four rows?

Last night, I had a dream of my mom, who has fallen asleep in the Lord, over twenty-years-ago. I rarely dream about her, but I remember that in the dream, she was unhappy about my dirty hands. And, as I looked down at them, they were full of the mud that I was wearing during the day. Not that I didn't have gloves, I just always liked playing in the dirt better. The dream had something to do with the other church across the street, someones funeral I think. At times, I wonder if they can see us? Perhaps, there was a message in there?

How Glorious are They works O Lord, in wisdom has Thou made them all. Lord, watch over our work and bless it, that we may know of your beauty. After all we are only participants in what God has given.

If you look at the church picture on the my blog page, you'll understand why I love the serenity in winter as well as all the seasons here in New England.

And...the beauty of that church, in its Pascha, is nothing short of spectacular, all by itself. Come and see!

No comments: