See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

KISSIN BOO-BOO'S

IF I'M NOT KISSIN YOUR BOO-BOO, PLEASE COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW HOW I CAN? They don't call me boom-boom for nothing, so be nice!
I laugh a lot lately at things that aren't even funny. Does that mean I'm to be taken away somewhere soon? Or, perhaps I'm getting over myself, as Fr. Peter has said to me on at least three occasions. Didn't know what he was talking about, generation gap. (Must be tough being a priest)! I thought he was calling me conceited. He said he was just kidding. Which meant I think, that I just couldn't get it. He's not a kiss the boo-boo type. Don't give up Fr. it's in my personality to tease you. Just ask John.

Father Peter is hilarious. (Meant in a good way). The funny thing is, he is a clown but doesn't like them. Figure that one out. He's got me all over this Internet, doing things I never dreamed I could do. Worse, I've dragged Linda into this. She puts out a great post. I'm having so much fun, there is hardly anytime for work. When I do work, I hurry up so I won't miss anything. Better than soap-operas. It helps with the food cravings, too.

Oh, by the way, thank you annon. for your nice comments. Please do add me ... tell your friends. We have fun in our parish, if your close by this is our invitation to meet you. Come on in, the coffees hot and were "all ears."

I am still a little green at this, learning from Fr. all kind of new terminology, and sometimes I get mixed up. I can just see him now saying sometimes?? Thanks to my husband, John, who fixes some of the boo-boo's, people do not have to know what a ditz I can be. Oh! They still do use that word, right? I am afraid to open my mouth because I'm corrected by John and Fr. all the time. (That's not quite true, the truth is, I'm know to be quite the chatterbox. Not a good person to take on a trip unless, you like to have your ear talked off.) The latest being, that I call my post a podcast, only to be reminded... I know I've got a lot to learn, its always been that way. Because, nothing stays the same. Change is good????
What a way to learn, do or die of humiliation. If they only knew how good my memory is, and as they say, timing is everything.

Believe it or not, we had a short power outage, and its a good thing that I can type fast because I've got to cook today. I'm typing with frozen fingers in a coat, with slippers on. Don't laugh Fr., I've seen you in slippers.

Tuesday is family day in our house, and we sure look forward to their company. Especially the little guy, Nate. Who tells grandma all lifes little secrets. He is all about fun, just like me. And, we both like to tease and play. I do not think play is just for children. It is for adults too. Oh come now, don't be stuffy! I blow bubbles, swing, play in the dirt, and know all sorts of games. I've taught Nate recently, by accident, how to spit in the sink when brushing his teeth. Don't get excited mom, it may come in handy once he learns how to.

We got a nice gift for Matt, yesterday for his birthday, and at fourteen he will enjoy it. It is a set of pumpkin carving tools and a pumpkin scraper that has little teeth and a long handle. Much better than the kitchen knife, (which is dangerous when touching gucky, slimy, pumpkin interiors). We got a book with wonderful designs for older teens, that you can trace and then cut out. Now the money will be spent quickly, as money goes today. But the fun in carving his pumpkin will last like the everready bunny. Playing is a great way to kiss the boo-boo's. Think I'll go buy a kit for me. Want to come?

No comments: