See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Monday, October 27, 2008

Holistic Health

Shepherd of Souls, Episode 33, Sunday, Oct. 26-Fr. Peter interviews Holistic Nurse, Kim Ladue.(http://www.shepherdofsouls.com/)

It is clear to me that if a person is out of balance, it will manifest itself in illness. I remember someone who worked two full-time jobs for several years or so, which resulted in a depression and breakdown. Your physical condition directly affects your mental state. How firefighters are able to work a 24-hour shift and keep a sense of balance is beyond me. I often heard people say do not trust your health care to anyone who has been on a long shift, as they can make mistakes. It is a known fact that if you start dropping things, normally it is because you are tired. Pilots sometimes have long hours and have been known to fall asleep while on the job. My brother, who used to work the night shift fell asleep at the wheel, luckily he is still with us.

How can we expect to do well if we are not in balance? I remember getting up to feed the baby and falling asleep with the baby on my lap, as I rocked both of us to sleep. New mother's go through a period of being unbalanced.

Did you ever have something on your mind which caused you to act sort of absent minded? You can forget to eat, or do what they call day dream? The mind is so powerful I read, that your subconscious can create negative impulses from your childhood and you need to be rebooted to the positive. (Sometimes it is so deep inside, your not aware of it, but it will cause you to be ill). Sort of like swearing, which comes from hearing, and sticking with you, or spitting. The point is they think that too many times negativity is responsible for creating diseases in your body. The book I read claimed that the negative overpowered the positive thoughts, but you can overthrow negative responses, by replacing them with positive ones. This takes work on your part, once your aware, and others sometimes need to help you with this. (Positive reinforcement).

Depression is a sign of illness in your body. How many times do you hear of new mothers having that syndrome? Or, when a child is afraid they become sick? I shake every time I hear fighting. It is easy to see the mind-body connection. A healthy mind is imperative to your overall being. A strong mind can cause the action of physical healing. (You can literally talk yourself well).
Or, vise-versa. I recall dieting was a concern in my family, especially my aunt. She was always on the weight watchers diet. On the scale, working out. And, it never worked. Poor thing, it wasn't her fault it was her make-up. We know that now. After she passed away, my brother went to Italy. He met her first cousin. They didn't know each other, but were around the same age. Different country, different diet, yet carbon copies of each other.

Spiritually, it is harder to explain. That is why so many young people do not get it. A broken heart from a loss is how most people experience faith. Until someone you love has died, it is hard to understand the mourning felt by The Virgin Mary, as her Son was tormented and killed in her sight. How true the word was, "a sword will pierce your heart."(What is understood is the grief). And, you can live without Christ, but how can you die without Him?

Everyone said that there is a grieving period, and for everyone its different and individual. When my father passed away it was unexpected and quickly. It took me a month before I broke down and wept loudly in a crowded church, unexpectedly. I had months to prepare for my mother, who died in my arms. Just yesterday, people asked how I could have done that. It was difficult, but only possible because of my faith and hers. We prayed that Jesus come quickly. I became physically ill shortly after her death. When your heart gets ripped out, you will grieve, it will affect you, body, mind, and soul.

It is important to eat and sleep right, take care of your mind by filling it with positive thoughts and beautiful things to look at. Be in love with those around you, and all you come in contact with. Love is a good thing. Be illumined, receiving the Sacraments of the Church, knowing the power of forgiveness. Because, having imbalance is not good for your health.

Tune in to Shepherd of Soul part II. with Fr. Peter, and holistic health nurse, Kim Ladue. Coming soon!





No comments: