See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Monday, March 2, 2009

Healthy Hearts

Walt your comment made me laugh for the first time today. You simply can't win. Beans would be consumed more if not for the "problem." This reminds me of a joke my mother used to tell about beans. She was, unlike me, able to tell a joke and funny or not, you'd be on the floor laughing. Those were the good old days when everyone here in this town had little, but everyone had a joke. We laughed a lot then.

Wish I could find something that would take care of that problem. I imagine that if you could genetically alter something beans would be it. Better yet, if there were a way to harness the gas, we would solve the energy crisis. We'd have to get everyone involved though.

The topic of the day was global warming. People aren't convinced. It is reported that world wide we are a couple of degrees colder, if anything, this winter. Make up my mind! How is it that the scientific community cannot agree on this one. Especially now that money has been earmarked in this endeavor. Yet, it is not a fact. Some say it is man made.

I heard programs on television that suggested if you have investments in the stock market, take it out now. WOW! I used to hear leaving it in, in time, will re coop the losses. Unless your very young, they don't see that happening.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready to start my vegetables. If its true that we will be getting more heat from the sun, we may have something here. It may come out to every man for himself. Beans are something you can buy ahead so maybe that is a plan.

I, like most people on the east coast, have had it with winter. So I'm kicking the old man out.

Today, I climbed the walls. Then, I remembered "Darcy's Passions." A great book. It was a time when they had little but conjured up a lot of stuff. He doesn't want Elizabeth, yet he can't get her out of his mind. The problem is that she comes from a family of "poor connections." It's always about the money. Yet, even though he is in pursuit of new social connections, he finds himself pining for her. Once again in a revelry of depression, he finds solace in being alone with his thoughts and brandy. He needs relief from memories which haunt his idle hours.

That's the way it usually happens with love, it's all wrong, least expected, not convenient and it will change your life forever.

Now for those beans. I remember two things that will help. Soak your beans overnight and when cooking from scratch, add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda. The problem is that we don't buy dry beans anymore, at least I don't.

Maybe this would be a good time to brush up on those bean jokes after all? I remember when ham and bean suppers were all the craze, every Saturday night at church halls.

Don't forget "24" tonight on channel 6, starting at 8:00--a two-hour special. Yes.

No comments: