See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Unexpected Events

Tonight I'm grateful for huge favors. Our little grandson came over feeling punk. Dinner was ready to go and the dining room was being set-up when you guessed it. Nate got sick. His dad knew how to take care of everything, impressively. I used baking soda on my old chair, which will be scrubbed in the AM. We ended up serving in the kitchen tonight. Nothing short of bad luck was the fact that for first time in twenty-two years, we ran out of oil. The furnace was not working. Needless to say, having a tank less water system, the water was not cold but not hot enough to bathe Nathan when he needed it most. Bill cleaned him up as best as he could and it was take out from grandma's house.

When you have a little one around, you've always got to be prepared. Unfortunately he is not well at home and was not able to make it home without being sick again. His mom is home now from work. Nathan is lucky to have two parents who are on top of it.

We were lucky to have the fire inspector here when all this happened, all at the same time. He was able to get someone to come out and get us up and running. Tomorrow we will need to get someone out here to fill the tank. We are automatically serviced and have never had to worry about running out. Can you imagine the cost of an emergency fill with a technician to get the air out of the pipes? Steve has always helped his mom through the years with jump starts, dead batteries, and many other emergencies. I'm glad my sons are close by. Tonight I will be warm thanks to him, and the young man that came to our rescue.

Lt. Steve will be on the radio tomorrow with Fr. Peter. I expect it will be a good show and I'm looking forward to listening to it.
I'm sure he is tired and so am I.

John has always said we will never run out of oil. Something his mother always worried about. Now, I will glance over to see if the level is low, and maybe this can be avoided in the future. We live in a computerized era where you are only one button away from automatic delivery failure.

No comments: