See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Swiftly go the Years

What a difference A Day Makes 24 little hours brought the sun and the flowers where there used to be.... Soon the winds will die down and the April showers will begin. Nathan has already noticed that the birdbath did not have water. So, that was a priority. He notices everything, and everything that needs to get done. Raking, and of course the dirt, which he hasn't forgotten, and is looking forward to playing with his trucks. And, watering the flowers with his water can.

I had a chance to get outside with my grandson today. While he sat on the swing with me saying higher and again, I looked upon the face of a truly happy boy, who truly loves me and we were sharing a grand moment. Why wouldn't he? I make him his favorite foods, play toys with him, share music and give him my undivided attention. Today, I made him meatloaf which he relishes, dipping each bite in ketchup. He also had his favorite grape tomatoes, some cottage cheese and a veggie. Light chocolate milk was his choice of beverage. That followed a sizable breakfast, waffles of course. He slept in late this morning and because it was cool, we waited to go out after lunch.

What do I expect. That he eat all of his lunch. Before we began, he said we were to fold our hands to pray. Now that surprised me and he brought it up. When he asked for ice cream, I didn't hesitate but, gave him a very small amount, knowing he would want a cookie. He was satisfied. In fact, he asked me to sit across from him and have some with him. We shared small talk, and little stories. Conversation, the like he's observed adults doing, expressions and all. He started out not saying a word, in fact, we wondered if he was going to talk at all. Now he's making up for it. He begins his day by saying positive things about the weather, and things he wants to do, (at three).

Seeing him look at me on that swing, was priceless. Loving eyes say it all. I stayed with him until his mom arrived home from work. In that time, he showed me his very hi-tech toys and I watched him play computerized games, that I could not do as well with. I drew pictures for him of cars, and I left long after dinner but, before it got dark. Looking back, he was looking out of the window at me. That is usually what I do, look out at the window at him. Saying goodbye and throwing kisses.
Driving home, a song came to mind, you might remember it...Sunrise, sunset--Sunrise, sunset--Swiftly go the years--One season following another--Laden with happiness and tears.

Today we remember the action of a young virgin, Mary, who said "yes" when greeted by Angel Gabriel. Yesterday, a child today with child, who in less than a year will know the fulfillment of his prophecy. Mother of tenderness and Mother of Sorrow.

No comments: