See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Making Spring

We have neighbors who are not satisfied that spring is on its way, they have to make it spring. How? They stuck fake flowers in the ground, colorful eggs, bunnies, butterflies and pastel flags, everywhere.

A couple others had people over to rake their lawns, which were not quite dry enough. Yes, it could encourage the grass to find its way to the surface.

Then there are the sweepers, which noone can blame. We have so much dirt everywhere. Usually we are one of the last roads to be swept. June or July.

The basketball hoop at the end of the road is now approachable, so you know what that means.

As usual, my land is still snow and ice covered. We are the only lot every year that has snow on it. Then, it has to dry out. We are all too anxious for the good weather to come.

Once it is here, I will be taking my coffee outside just to be able to get some sun. The gardens are a mess here. We have had a horrible winter, limbs down and small branches as well, will need to be cut up and burned. The good news is that my rose bushes survived. The stems are green. Sooooo Happy!

I feel like Carol who talked about washing windows today at church. Airing my soul, cause it's time. Time to change to spring clothes, and start what we call "spring cleaning," traditionally.

Slogans always said "think spring" maybe there's something to that. It usually means that I'll be getting up earlier in the morning and going to bed earlier as well. Besides baseball, it is a time for transitioning. And, we're ready!

No comments: