See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Made of Glass

Please do not throw any more stones as I am made of glass. This means I can break, just like the sand I came from, I shatter and fall. We are all clay made from the earth, and whether or not we realize it, we are all vulnerable.

Yesterday, I wrote about something that obviously hurt someone else, unintentionally. The only problem is that when you hurt others, you hurt yourself as well. That is why we have to say we are sorry and ask for forgiveness. It doesn't always resolve your problem. I did learn something from reading the vented parts on the post, and that is there is always a fine line. If only we could see the result of our words before we engage in our action, we would not fall into this mess in the first place. God allows it to help us grow, by struggling slipping and getting up again. This action creates pain and suffering.

While I was busy thinking about a few people, another person was thinking about the whole. Being in the middle is a tough position, and like all of a father's decisions, they usually favor the most vulnerable. The reasons are understood sometimes only by the person in that situation, and therefore like all in authority it is given to us to trust.

We all want our own way. That bit of "me" in it, on both sides. I'm not sure if I would call myself "prideful" to want to be able to understand the words of something sung and offered in a prayer, because not to, means to me, to be deaf. When your deaf you can't fully participate. Who wants to be left out? You can't pray fully if you don't know what is being offered.

In the future when someone asks me what my family members think, (of our Church or service,) I will only answer by saying "ask them." Then, when they say it, it will be believed.

I am writing this post now, as tonight I will have my family over for dinner. The cookies are made for Nathan as promised. And I have a wonderful egg less, apple cake in the oven for John, too. I can smell the aroma of my Dill bread, which will be served for dinner tonight. Now, I must get started on dinner. Nathan will be staying overnight and we will have a lot of time to play and watch the new DVD, as well as the old.
He sings the new fish song, which he learned from a commercial on TV. He is so funny. And that is what I need, to laugh.

Life is a cross, a continuous series of painful events. Some of those events we have no control of. If you truly understand what love is, it is also likely you will know what tears are. Lent teaches us that is part of the change we must go through in order to get to the other side. Experiencing life to this point is a blessing. No suffering -- no joy in the morning.

No comments: