See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Monday, March 16, 2009

Irish Blessing

Recently, I shared with you a secret. CLA. and Carotoids and Vitamin D.

Before I go any further, I'd like to tell you a story. This information gathered took me more than a year of research and it was on back of a friend of mine who had breast cancer. She and I worked hard and as a result of our findings decided to write a book. One that would help many out there to not develop disease if it could be prevented, nutritionally. Some day that book may be published. Not today for various reasons. But, I want to share with you stories that may help you to understand.

We can only ingest and purchase that which is available to us. The 100-year-old woman and many like her in places like Nova Scotia were weened on "natural products," if not breast milk, milk from green pastures and grass fed cows, grazing in clean air. Some of you are familiar with the term "free range." Those were the days which produced healthy people, cancer was not rampid. Many recall drinking raw milk and having cream from their own dairy farm. What did they have in common? Cultured products.

My friend is now in remission, and her biggest fear is to not be.
She introduced me to some new products. Kerrygold is one of them. As tomorrow is St. Patrick's day, I'd like to tell you about it. Their butter and cheese, has a dark rich golden color. It is free of growth hormones. Ireland is blessed with lush green grass, most of the year, producing pure creamy fresh milk which goes into Kerrygold premium products. "Unsalted" Kerrygold butter is a cultured cream, which replicates the soured milk used by your healthy grandmother.

Several year's ago my aunt Dorothy passed on, and as we gathered at her son's home, Elaine introduced her mother to me. I don't remember how we got on the subject of breast cancer, but I do remember that her mother, who decided not to go on chemotherapy was completely healed from the disease. She said she attributes her cure by drinking raw milk daily. It was hard to come by then, and it is impossible to get now. (Most people would not have believed her story). I was convinced of her healing because my friend and I had stumbled onto something of interest. That is: Vitamin D. Halts Growth of Breast Cancer tumors, a gene-regulating Super Nutrient, CLA (Conjugated linoleic Acid), a lipid metabolism and therapy and (beta-carotene) which may have a positive impact on the immune system as well as anticarcinogenic effects. Go here.

Woman who were weened on cultured products had less incidence of cancer, which is now on the increase. I recall in the sixty's a brave woman allowed operations to be made on her at a local hospital while taking in huge amounts of carrots. There was no hope for Irene, yet she wanted to help find a cure for others.

My aunt Bella, a very beautiful Italian woman and mother, developed breast cancer in the 1940's. I often wonder, as many other's do, if the processing of milk, which transformed the product in a way of destroying good bacteria along with the bad, initiated the on slot of many good woman today by removing protective and healthy substances found in "natural milk products."Hormones are given to increase cow's milk production. I'm sure you will recall just a short time ago, hormone replacement therapy was proven to cause cancer in women who are post menopausal. Have you ever wondered if this is a safe practice and what the efffects are as the hormones remain in the milk?

I have many sayings. One is, "you have to be your own doctor."
Look out for yourself. "Open your eyes."
The older I get, I am more convinced of this.

Happy St. Patrick's Day, give yourself a present. Here's where you can buy Kerrygold cheese and butter. A bit pricey but worth every penny. And please, enjoy it uncooked.

No comments: