See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wait 'til the Sunshines Nellie

Years ago when folks didn't have theatre, movies, cell-phones, ipods, computers, television, or radio, they had music.

That is probably when songs with clever names were written, like: Wait 'til the Sun Shines Nellie. Cause, somewhere in this brain of mine, I recall that song of old. Maybe my grandmother used to sing it to me.

The point is that with all the gadgets I mentioned above, the only thing I want right now is the Sunshine. And I can't wait until the day I can begin to sit outside with my coffee cup in the morning and drink it in. (Oh the wisdom of those words).

Of all the gifts in life it's the natural ones that are the best, and the one's that remain from generation to generation. Just in two days according to my calendar, it will be Spring. I don't know about you, but I can't wait to wear my shorts again with sandals. Plant flowers in the ground and wash my windows.

Picnics, boat rides and Howards all come to mind. Trips to the ocean and concerts. Just being outdoors.

Speaking of outdoors, I saw Chipee yesterday. Chipee lives under the front stairs of our home. Haven't seen him all winter. The Chipmunk plays in our gardens all summer. Little by little our outdoor friends are popping up.

Tonight at Pre-Sanctified Liturgy the priest said we should be humble and remember that we are dust, from the ground to the ground. Spring reminds us that life comes forth from the earth and it is glorious. Death could not hold the author of life captive, from death to life, Christ came forth, the first fruits from the dead. His name is Jesus.

Sometimes I wonder if the signs that are occurring now in nature were established to help us understand the process of becoming renewed. For surely that which appeared to be dead was sleeping all the time, and now comes forth anew.

Along with this physical renewal is a spiritual one, the awakening to the pureness of heart and to the love of one another, by forgiveness and repentance. Remove old baggage and lose the excesses, if you can and become a new creature, in Christ.

Every spring I have to go out and clear out the debris left behind by the harshness of winter in order for the new life to come forth. Spiritually we must do the same. That is why we have Lenten services and preparation for Pascha. A time to be renewed and ready.

1 comment:

linda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.