See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Spring Fling

It is a wonderful day when you go to get your car inspected and you don't get a rejection sticker. The fact that there was no line, another stroke of luck.

We had two events to go to today, and because we were committed to the church, we needed to deliver the present for Mark, who celebrated his sixtieth birthday. Everything is always last minute, so as we got the gift certificate at our local pub last evening, we never thought of the card until this morning. Guess who we bumped into going into the store? Mark. So, I said, "I heard you had a wonderful birthday party," and extended to him belated wishes, knowing about his birthday surprise tonight. His kids had a party already to throw him off, cards and all.

Little did he know that his son, wife and grandchild, Tray flew in for the big occasion, along with family members that live out of town that he hasn't seen for a while. I don't know anyone who deserves it more, Mark is a great guy.

I got to my sons house to deliver the card and had no intent on staying as we needed to go grocery shopping and do some more yard work. Saturday, is an exercise day for both John and I, and it always helps when the weather was as beautiful as today.

I remained in the car, while John rang the bell and was let in. It was taking him longer than I expected so I got out of the car and looking up I saw the little one's waving hi to grandma. Apparently, Tray saw me and told Nathan, Grandma was here. I went to the door to go in and see them. Meanwhile, they ran past grampy to go to the front door. Daddy opened the door, and I gave them both a big hug. They were excited, saying its Grandma, its grandma. I got to finally meet Tray, as Nathan introduced me. They were having fun playing "cars."

Dinner was good tonight. I especially enjoyed the grilled garlic bread with spaghetti. The Ham Party went well. I won one of the 50/50's, along with a ham. Linda and John won nothing again this year, so I felt bad for them. I will share, promise.

People enthusiastically cleaned up and before I left the round tables were already up. The kitchen was cleaned and there was a feeling of good will in the air. We do not have a large church, but we are like family. I met Paul's grandson tonight, he is a little darling.

We have come a long way together, and have far to go.

Two of my brothers were in the hospital yesterday, and are home today. It has been a very good weekend so far.

Did I tell you that I ran into my old boss that I had when I was sixteen? Yes, she is ninety and is still working. She's afraid to quit because who knows? You can have it anyway you want when you own your own business. I wondered who the old man was with her. It was her son, the one who used to chase me around, but I wasn't a bit interested in him. He is the grandfather of three now. Where has all the time gone?

From a famous song, "Sunrise, Sunset"---I don't remember growing older, when did they?

The Ham event seemed like such a long way off, but now its over and before you know it, Easter (Pascha) will be here. And along with it, daffodils, my favorites.

No comments: