See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Irish Prayer for Health

The pub was filled with people celebrating St. Patrick's Day. The cars were parked beyond the parking lot, lined on the street.

We enjoyed Corned-beef and cabbage with a dispensation as it falls in the lenten cycle. Fr. Peter wore his kilt with white knee socks and trim. Carried all the essentials including something that looked like a purse which hung on his pleats. This had three black rabbit feet for good luck. I'm sure it was his lucky day, somehow. He has the best sense of humor. Next, he will be venturing into racing a lawnmower. Let's see, how do we describe him, "interesting!"

One of my favorite memories of a character who loved to celebrate St. Patrick's Day was my eighth grade teacher, Miss Goff. On St. Patrick's Day she wore green everthing. She even had her hair dyed green for the day.

I do not know how far people will go to be wearing the green, but I do know that people will be drinking green beer in Boston.

Last week, I saw people pouring green into a lake, I think in Ohio, as it was reported on the news. Now that to me is a little extreme.

If your Irish, and even if your not, Happy St. Patrick's Day.
So raise your glass as I send this Irish Prayer for Health your way.

May the good Lord smile upon you
with graciousness
today.....
And may He send
His angel
to bring good health
your way.

No comments: