See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cars and trucks

We've found the word that describes Nathan's interest best, cars. I think most men would agree that they love their cars, speed and racing. We played making the puzzle again, three times, it was all about vehicles. Lately, all we watch is two video's Cars and Mighty Machines. Of course, we constantly have match box cars which are taken everywhere we go.

I know he's already thinking about the time when he will be playing in the dirt outdoors with his trucks, and he told me so today.

It won't be long when he will be driving his own car. Hopefully, he won't be like Lightening McQueen, who thinks only of "speed." That movie has surely made an impression on him. His room is cars everything! You can tell a lot from a man and his vehicle. One of my fondest memories of Disney World was taking pictures of my sons in their vehicle pick. My oldest picked a car, and my youngest a green truck.

At three children remember well and will try almost anything. When he kissed the icon of the Virgin Mary today, he looked at me and smiled. Looking at Jesus in her arms, he reminded me that Jesus had a birthday. That was special to him. So did he on Sunday, and that was special to us. It seems that everyone knew what to get him, cars. Especially his parents, a homemade car cake, car balloons, table cover and napkins and invitations. Tonight, when he is dressed for bed, he will be wearing his "car" pj's which he took the time to show me this morning.

This morning I took the time to show him some photos taken from an airplane. They are very interesting to see, especially familiar places. Then we talked about a train, and he hasn't seen a real one yet. We will have to fix that.

No comments: