See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weekend Wrap-up

Every weekend is busy. Shopping, cooking and cleaning. This weekend was busy with a couple of events. The Texas Hold 'em card party was held at the church hall last night and today was Nathan's birthday party. Of course, there was a lot of ice picking, and, as it stormed through the night, cleanup in the morning. Frigid air is coming of course, to freeze the snow making it impossible to remove, if you already haven't done it.
The fact is, today's Liturgy was not held due to the inclement weather, snow which fell during the evening that could not be removed by the town in time for adequate parking. The birthday party was tentative depending on if Bill could get the driveway cleared in time. I made a spinach pie, anyway. John cleared out our driveway and off we went. Bill had to call Steve to deliver dirt as he could not snow blow the light stuff until he could stand on it without falling on the ice beneath.
We entered the large house made small by the many people who attended the party. Kids everywhere and adults with tables of food and many gifts. I'm tired just from all the commotion. I may take a few zzzzz's before watching 24 tonight at eight. If I don't, I may not be able to stay awake to watch the long awaited show. Otherwise, I will read the scriptures, and if I have time, will give a brief summary.
It was fun to see everyone again at Nate's party. And, he has a new cousin. At one point, Nathan came over to me and said "Grandma, I want to go to your house." He is so special, the cutest boy in the world. All grown up at three.

No comments: