See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

See Grandma, my eyes are really dark blue....not big brown ones like daddy

Ryan and friend

Ryan and friend
Mommy, Daddy, I'm saying Hi to Grandma?

This one is for you, Grandma!

Nathan

Nathan
soccer with determination and no airplane distractions

Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year challenge

I don't believe in resolutions, but I do believe in taking actions on a daily basis that will ultimately produce positive change in ways that are simple. In other words, don't overwhelm yourself. We can all take on a little something extra.

Today in church, we were given the challenge to pray daily, and because I already do, there were other suggestions, like looking at someone in the eye, smiling and I do that, in fact, there was a list. Everyone knows that we lose lists. But if something on that list strikes you. Go for it! So the something I chose to do is to read the Bible in a year challenge.

My mother-in-law always tells me that I'm the type that likes to be challenged. Losing weight has been a huge challenge for me. Reading the Bible in a year, doable.

So, I begin right now. If you follow my post, and read my little blobs, (summaries) then you will have also accomplished the task. (Sort of.)

Jan. 4 (Gen.12-15)
At 75, Abram departed from Haran, taking Sarai his wife and Lot his brother's son and their possessions, destination Canaan. Journeying south, to Egypt to dwell. There was a severe famine in the land. He was afraid that the Eqyptian men will kill him, and take his very beautiful wife. So he advised her to say she was his "sister." And they treated Abram well for the sake of her and gave him sheep, oxen, donkeys, etc. The Lord plagued Pharaoh and his house because of Sarai. The Paraoh had intended to marry Abram's sister (wife) and in learning the truth sent them all away. The journey continued south as far as Bethel. They could not dwell together because their possessions were too great. Lot chose the plain for himself and they journeyed east. Abram dwelt in the land of Canaan as far as Sodom. The men of Sodom were exceedingly wicked and sinful before God. Abram built altars to God and God gave Abram the land to him and his seed forever. Battles ensued. Lot was taken captive. Abram armed his three hundred and eighteen trained servants, in pursuit as far as Dan, bringing back his brother Lot and his goods, as well as the women and people. Abram received the blessing of Melchizedek, the king of Salem, brought out bread and wine, he was the priest of God Most High.
Abram was 75, yet childless, it concerned him that his air would be his domestic maidservant, and God reassured Abram that his heir will come from his own body.
After these things the Word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision. He told him to count the stars, if he was able. "So shall your seed be." The Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying "I will give this land to your seed, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates--"

No comments: